Planning & Development
The City of Tampa Development Services team is operational and ready to serve. Please click the 'Frequently Asked Questions’ button below for more details.
All construction and development projects (public, private, institutional, residential, and commercial) for new buildings or renovations are deemed essential infrastructure and are authorized to continue subject to certain safety precautions and new operating procedures outlined below.
You can reach our team Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm at 813-274-3100 or by e-mail.
You can find a staff directory here Contacts Email Listing.
Please check this site frequently as we are updating our guidance daily.
Mayor Castor’s Development Services Advisory Team
The City of Tampa Department of Planning and Development's overall department function is to ensure safe and affordable housing and commercial structures that are compatible and compliant with applicable codes and ordinances.
The department is comprised of the following divisions:
The Department is also home to the City's Green Officer, who guides the City in programs and services as we work toward becoming a more sustainable community --a Green City.
- Preserving historic properties? Review our historic preservation tax incentives and programs.
- Report construction problems or complaints through our Construction Services Hotline.
- View members of the City's Boards and Commissions.
- Enter an address to see if it's in the Tampa city limits, view your City Council District, Property Tax File and more:
- Please contact us, if you need additional information.