Natural Resources Section
The Natural Resources Section's primary responsibilities include:
Evaluation of and permitting for all trees City-wide.
Code enforcement liaison for tree/landscape/natural resources violations.
Reviewing for trees, landscape, upland habitat, wetlands, significant wildlifecorridors and all other natural resources-related issues on applications for variance, rezoning, special use, DRI/NOPC, subdivision, historic preservation design review for ARC and BLC, right-of-way vacating, release of easement, public right-of-way encroachment, right-of-way permits, and capital improvements.
Coordinating with various agencies on the Urban Forest Management Plan.
Coordinating with Parks and Recreation Department on the 'Tree-mendous' Community Tree Program.
Tampa Urban Forest Management Plan
City of Tampa Urban Forest Management Plan (PDF, 1.9 mb)
- How to Plant Your New Tree (PDF, 474 kb)
- Natural Resources Advisory Committee
Tampa Urban Forest Management Analysis
City of Tampa Urban Forest Analysis Full Report 2011 (PDF, 5.8 mb)
- City of Tampa Urban Forest Analysis Executive Report 2016
- City of Tampa Urban Forest Analysis Full Report 2016 (PDF, 10 mb)
City of Tampa State of Tampa's Urban Forest
- Planning and Urban Design - State of Tampa's Urban Forest (Flyer) (PDF, 251 kb)
- Planning and Urban Design - State of Tampa's Urban Forest (Presentation) (PDF, 7.9 mb)
- To view the State of Tampa's Urban Forest Presentation click here.
City of Tampa Urban Forest Analysis and Management Plan Background
Practical Educational Programs for Neighborhoods (PDF, 161 kb)
City of Tampa Tree Matrix - Initial Draft 2013
Other Informative Links