Records Section Services and Fees
Due to the Coronavirus, the Tampa Police Department’s Record Section will not be taking walk-in customers until further notice.
To receive a police report, you can do the following:
Traffic Crash Report – Be sure to have the report number available. If not known, please provide the date and location of the accident.
- You can order on-line through the Department of Motor Vehicles at www.FloridaCrashPortal.gov. The cost is $12.00.
- You can mail your request to Tampa Police, Records Section, 411 N. Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602. Be sure to include a copy of your driver's license and the report number. The cost is $2.00. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the report. NOTE: During our temporary closure, the Sworn Statement will be waived for individual citizens but will still be required for law firms and insurance companies.
- You can email us at TPDCitizenRequest@tampagov.net. You must include a copy of your driver's license. Be sure to include your name, address, date of birth, and contact number. Law firms and insurance companies must include a sworn statement.
All Other Reports – To receive any other type of report such as a burglary, battery, arrest, etc.: NOTE: If you are the victim of a crime, you must include a copy of your driver's license. Please provide the report number and if unknown, provide as much information as you can.
- You can mail your request to Tampa Police, Records Section, 411 N. Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602. The cost is $2.00 with the exception of larger type reports (fatality, homicide, etc.). Please call for an estimate on larger reports. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the report.
- You can email us at TPDCitizenRequest@tampagov.net. Any reports that take more than 30 minutes to redact will be charged a clerk fee.
For a Background/Arrest Record or Name Search – You must verify if you want arrests only or if you want a list of any/all contact. Please provide the following:
- Complete Name (include any alias’ or other last names used; Ex: Maiden Name)
- Date of Birth
- Current Address
If you want arrests only, please verify if this is for a job, housing, immigration, adoption, or any other reason. NOTE: Juvenile misdemeanor arrests are not public record. If you are the juvenile, you must include a copy of your driver's license or photo ID in order for us to include it.
- You can mail your request to Tampa Police, Records Section, 411 N. Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602. The cost is $3.00. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the search. Be sure to provide all information listed above.
- You can email us at TPDCitizenRequest@tampagov.net. Be sure to provide all information listed above.
If you have any questions, please call us at 813-276-3250, option #6.
The following services are provided by the Tampa Police Department's Records Section. The associated fees listed are approximate and do occasionally vary. For further information concerning service fees please contact the Records Section at (813) 276-3250.
Name Checks: $3.00 per name plus an additional $3.00 fee for each alias name
Grid/Address Searches: $3.00 per address or grid per year. Searches producing more than 20 pages will be charged an additional 15 cents per page. Historical data (those years prior to 1993) are run by another city department and their fee is $35.00 per year.
Visa: $3.00 per name plus an additional $2.00 per name for certification
Online Reports: Currently only Traffic Crash reports older than 60 days may be ordered online.
Mail Requests: $2.00 per report plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Check or money orders should be made payable to the City of Tampa.
Mail to: Tampa Police Department, Attention: Records Section, 411 N Franklin Street Tampa, Florida 33602
*All Traffic Crash reports less than 60 days old MUST be accompanied by a Sworn Statement for Traffic Crash Report Information form and a copy of your current photo identification. Click here for more information and to download the form.
Photos: $1.00 for copies of mug shots. Crime scene photos are reproduced by the department's Forensic Investigation Unit. Their photo lab can be reached at (813) 276-3382.
Inspection Fee: $4.00 fee for having an officer inspect a vehicle for citation repairs. (this fee is established by the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles)
Certification: Any reports or name checks are certified for $1.00
Report Copies: Copies reproduced at the Records Section service counter at One Police Center, 411 N Franklin St, Tampa Florida, 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Charges for reports are 15 cents for single sided pages.
Extensive Clerk Fees: Any requests involving an extraordinary amount of clerk time will be charged an additional $23.00 per hour for processing plus the cost of copies.