Mckay Bay Scalehouse
112 South 34th Street
(813) 242-5320 Ora Fraizer, Assistant Supervisor
(813) 242-5491 Fax
Note: CERTAIN ITEMS are accepted at McKay Bay Transfer Station FREE OF CHARGE. You must bring a current City of Tampa Utility Bill which includes residential garbage charges, and proof that you reside at the address listed on the bill (such as a driver's license) for free disposal. The McKay Bay Scalehouse Supervisor will make the final decision on questionable loads.
Items Accepted FREE of Charge (See Note):
- Appliances (2 per visit)
- Yard Waste (no stumps over 100 lbs. or limbs over 4 ft. in length)
- Tires (4 per visit)
- Furniture & Mattresses
Items Accepted With Cash Fee (See Note):
- Commercial Waste
- Items delivered in commercial Vehicles
- Large quantities of items that appear to come from a Commercial establishment
- Construction Debris: bricks, tile, concrete, plywood, roofing material, plaster, etc.
- Household garbage
- Mixed loads of free and chargeable items
- Large automotive parts
**NOTE: The McKay Bay Scale House facility accepts CASH and Credit Cards as accepted forms of payment.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:00am - 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, Saturday: 7:00am - 4:30pm
- Sunday: Closed