All City of Tampa residents with curbside garbage service also have weekly curbside recycling service, that is collected on your assigned recycling day. All residents receive a 96 gallon green recycling cart. A separate truck will come by to collect the recyclables. The recycling truck collects recyclables between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- It's good for the environment; recycling conserves energy
- It saves the earth and resources for future generations
- It is the right thing to do!
- It's easy to participate
Preparation of Recyclables:
- Please rinse all containers before placing them in your green cart
- Please keep all recycling items loose and not bagged
What can be recycled curbside in the green recycling cart?
- Phone Books
- Paperback books
- Junk mail
- Cereal boxes
- Office paper
- Newspapers & inserts
- Plastic containers, bottles and jugs
- Aluminum and steel cans (including empty aerosol cans)
- Food and beverage cartons
- Glass bottles and jars
All recyclable items must fit inside the green cart. If you have large quantities of recyclable material, you may take it to the McKay Bay Refuse-To-Energy Facility at 107 N. 34th St. for free drop off.
Please remember these everyday items cannot be recycled at the curb:
Plastic bags (these should go back to the grocery store for recycling - make sure to remove paper receipts from the bags before recycling them as paper can contaminate the final recycled plastic bags resulting in weakness and easy breakage.)
- Styrofoam (some supermarkets offer recycling)