Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Collections
Hillsborough County Solid Waste will be resuming all Household Hazardous Waste Saturday Events effective May 9. Please place all items in the trunk of your car to limit contact and exposure. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Tampa residents now have access to County Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Collection Sites
The City has contracted with the Hillsborough County to allow City residents to take their household hazardous waste to multiple Hillsborough County locations.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must present a driver’s license to access Hillsborough County collection sites;
- Includes use of the three HHW collections held on select Saturdays of the month (no electronics or paints accepted).
- Includes use of the four Community Collection Centers (CCCs) for paint and electronics ONLY, Monday through Saturday. Only residents that have the Solid Waste Assessment fee on their Property Tax bill may use the CCCs for disposal of other items.
City of Tampa residents are provided with year-round service at Hillsborough County collection facilities for the disposal of:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Household Electronics and Paint
NOTE: Tampa residents can take advantage of this service for no additional charge by providing a valid driver's license as proof of City residency. (The City of Tampa no longer hosts an annual Household Chemical and Electronics Collection event.)