Work will commence the week of September 17 on one of Tampa’s favorite waterfront locations, The Sail.
The project will reimagine the space around the 360-degree bar, adding new amenities like upgraded/expanded restrooms, additional seating, shade structures, and a full-kitchen for Big Ray’s Fish Camp adjacent to The Sail.
This will be the second location for Big Ray’s Fish Camp, bringing the popular seafood restaurant to Tampa’s downtown for the first time.
Please follow our progress as we:
- Relocate historic busts from the Riverwalk to the History Center.
- Construct a safety fence barrier along the Riverwalk, Franklin St. and the Convention Center’s front Drive.
- Add an ADA compliant ramp to assist access to the Riverwalk & Sail Pavilion.
- Construct new air-conditioned Men’s, Woman’s and a Family restroom will replace the existing restrooms.
- Build a Big Ray’s Fish Camp restaurant adjacent to the Sail.
- Expand the plaza area to increase seating and add shade structures.
Once open, Big Ray’s Fish Camp will operate alongside The Sail in what will be known as The Sail Plaza. The Sail Plaza will offer a new waterfront experience and urban oasis where locals and convention center visitors can relax along the Tampa Riverwalk.
Construction for Big Ray’s Fish Camp and The Sail Plaza is anticipated to be complete by April of 2019.
The Sail will remain open during construction with regular hours.