The City of Tampa and Tampa Convention Center continues to closely monitor conditions associated with the coronavirus and is prepared to follow any public health guidelines and recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control, the Florida Department of Health and the City of Tampa Department of Emergency Management. As of March 26, 2020 a Safer at Home order has been issued by the Hillsborough County Emergency Policy Group effective March 27, 2020 at 10pm. This means that citizens of the City of Tampa are “safer at home” and encouraged to stay at their place of principal residence or domicile unless they are engaged in defined “Essential Services” or “Necessary Activities”. On those occasions when you are performing Essential Services or conducting Necessary Activities, continue to follow social distancing measures including: washing hands, using hand sanitizer, disinfecting surfaces, staying at least six (6) feet away from others at all times, and limiting public and private gatherings to 10 or less people.
The safety of both City of Tampa residents & our visitors is our number one priority. The Tampa Convention Center has confirmed that several scheduled events have been canceled.
List of Tampa Convention Center events that have been canceled:
- Lifesavers Conference on Highway Safety Priorities (3/12-3/17)
- Florida State Thespians (3/17-3/22)
- Hillsborough Student Literacy and Media Showcase (3/23–3/25)
- West Florida Idea Exchange (3/23-3/25)
- ASPEN 2020 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference (3/25-4/1)
- WWE Wrestlemania Fan Axxess (4/2-4/6)
- NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner (4/4)
Radiant Church (4/11-4/12)
- Academic Internal Medicine (4/19-4/22)
- US Geospatial Conference (4/23-4/30)
- Tampa Home Show (5/1-5/3)
- SOFIC (5/7-5/16)
- Argentum Senior Living (5/16-21)
- AP Reading (5/22-6/17)
- Jersey College Commencement (6/19)
List of Tampa Convention Center events that have been rescheduled:
- Strawberry Crest High School Prom: from 4/18 to 5/16
- Joseph Volleyball Molten Qualifier: from 3/21-3/22 to 6/6-6/7
- Metlife Workshop: from 3/22-3/23 to 6/17-6/18
- Tampa United Volleyball Slam: from 4/18-4/19 to 5/30-5/31
- Tampa Bay Condo & HOA Expo: from 4/23 to 6/19
- Tampa Bay Business Hall of Fame Dinner: from 3/26 to 8/28
- Digital Summit: from 5/6-5/7 to 7/13-7/14
- American Public Works Association: from 4/20-4/23 to 8/24-8/27
- Baraat Procession: from 5/2 to 9/6
- Hay House Live: from 5/1-5/3 to 1/8/21-1/10/21
- Prego Expo: from 5/2-5/3 to 11/15
- Applied Superconductivity Conference: from 6/25-7/3 to 1/2/21-1/7/21
The City will continue working with the Florida Department of Health, healthcare experts, Visit Tampa Bay, and other stakeholders to determine whether future event cancellations are necessary. The City understands the impact that event cancelations have on local businesses and tourism and will continue working with experts to minimize the impact of COVID-19, while prioritizing the health of residents and visitors.
TCC is undergoing a deep cleaning (disinfection) of the entire building using safe and effective sanitizing methods and solutions. Tampa Convention Center’s Specific and Targeted Initiatives Include:
- Increased frequency on routine cleaning of common touchpoints throughout the venue (door handles, elevator buttons, countertops, etc.) using a virucidal cleaning agent.
- Strategically placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility for guests and employee use.
- Enhanced onsite communications and signage regarding preventative actions for all.
- Ongoing employee training regarding best practices for providing a safe and healthy environment