Tampa, FL—The City of Tampa advises that there will be increased traffic in Tampa’s Downtown due to the Gasparilla Pirate Festival and NHL All-Star Weekend. As a result of these events, there will be several road closures that will limit motorist access to the streets surrounding the Tampa Convention Center. For a list of planned road closures, visit http://bit.ly/2xhbUf2.
Parking will also be limited and will fill quickly due to the expected crowds in downtown. Those planning to drive to the Gasparilla invasion are encourage to arrive early in order to secure accessible parking. The recommended parking garages are as follows:
- Ft Brooke Garage (107 N. Franklin Street): $10 all-day fee
- Whiting St Garage (400 E. Whiting Street): $10 all-day fee
- Tampa Convention Center Garage (333 S. Franklin Street): $10 all-day fee
**Please note the Tampa Convention Center Garage will have limited parking available to the public and is expected to fill up quickly.
***South Regional Garage parking will be limited due to NHL All Star Weekend. Motorist are advised to seek other parking options.
Ybor City Parking
- Centro Ybor Garage (1500 E. 5th Avenue): $1/hr or $9 max per day
- Palm Garage (2010 N. 13th Street): $1/hror $9 max per day
****Extended park and ride services from Ybor to Tampa’s Downtown will be available via HART busses and the Tampa Streetcar.
PARK AND RIDE OPTIONS
To help accommodate the large number of expected visitors, HART will be offering extended park and ride services January 27th via busses, the Tampa Streetca , and the In-Towner. Those parking in Ybor and wishing to visit the Tampa Convention Center or The Sail are encouraged to board the Tampa Streetcar at either Centennial Park (Station 1) or Centro Ybor (Station 2) and ride to Dick Greco Plaza (Station 10).
The rates for these park and ride services are as follows:
- TECO Line Streetcar System: $5 for an all-day pass
- HART busses: $4 for an all-day pass (continuous service from Ybor to Dick Greco Plaza will be available from 9:30am-7:00pm).
- In-Towner: FREE rides every 30 minutes with stations connection the north end of Downtown Tampa from the Marion Transit Center to the south end. View current Gasparilla routes here: http://bit.ly/2n7B788
For more information about the above park and ride options, visit http://bit.ly/2nasE3W.
RIDE SHARE SERVICES
Lastly, to avoid parking all together, visitors are encouraged to consider alternative transportation like Uber or Lyft ride share services.
In partnership with Captain Morgan, Lyft is giving away $20 ride credits to the first 1000 users who enter promo code ‘LIKEACAPTAIN’. Eligible rides must be taken between 12am on Saturday the 27th and 12pm on Sunday the 28th and they must fall within a 5 mile radius of Tampa. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2n7rCFO.
For more information on Gasparilla parking, transportation, road closures, and more, visit www.tampagov.net/Gasparilla