Enterprise Change Management (ECM)
Enterprise Change Management is the systemic deployment of change management skills, tools and processes throughout an organization.
Through the use of ECM our goal is to
- improve the utilization of resources
- create a competitive advantageand
- ensure our projects meet their goals
The main elements necessary for ECM are:
- Common set of processes and tools to manage the people side of change.
- Leadership knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic capability that enables the organization to be flexible, change ready and responsive to market changes.
ECM Deployment Process
The ECM deployment process has three main phrases: Vision, Strategy and Implementation.
Define Future State: Although this may change, it is important to understand where you are going.
Assess Current State: Determine challenges and conduct a gap analysis of current and future states.
Engage Primary Sponsor: Sponsorship is KEY.
Form and Prepare Project Team: Must represent the main groups that are involved in applying change management over time.
Select Deployment Strategy: Define the appropriate strategy to fit your organization.
Build Project Plan
Create Change Management Plans: Develop communication, sponsorship, coaching, resistance management and training plans.
Create and Present Business Case: Specific to organization
Implement Integrated Plan: Pulls together project and change management activities into an executable plan.