Traffic Control Device New Request (Stop Sign, Traffic Signal, Etc.)

Stop sign and traffic signal installations must confirm to the U.S. Department ofTransportation Manual On Uniform Traffic Control Devices. This manual requires a study beconducted to determine if a new installation is warranted, which include, among other things, traffic and pedestrian volumes, number and type of accidents at the location, and sight distances.

New installations of stop signs and traffic signals cannot occur unless a warrant study is conducted. 

To request a new traffic control device, please write your request through the  Customer Service Center, or call (813)274-3101.

For a damaged, missing, or non-functioning Stop, Yield, One-way, Do Not Enter signs or Traffic Signals, please contact the Tampa Police at (813)231-6130 for immediate attention.