Street Light (Request - New)
Mayor Bob Buckhorn announced the Bright Lights, Safe Nights street lighting program in October 2012. The City of Tampa has partnered with Tampa Electric Company (TECO) to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods and business communities. The Bright Lights, Safe Nights street lighting program focus includes:
- Budget of $2.2 million over the next five years
- Installing new street lights at selected locations beginning in Spring 2013
- Targeting locations in zones with high crime or high crash rates.
- Adding approximately 8400 new street lights over the next five years, expanding the current street light network by 30%.
- Monitoring the city-wide inventory of street lights ensuring the replacement of dimming street lights and the removal of tree branch obstructions
- Keeping our streets and sidewalks safe for our residents and visitors to enjoy
This strategic initiative fulfills Mayor Buckhorn's promise to complete a city-wide lighting inventory to determine where street lights need to be installed, updated, repaired, or replaced.
To participate in the Bright Lights, Safe Nights street lighting program, please visit our Customer Service Center to request a new street light or call(813) 274-3101.