Central Files (Production and Design Support)
Requests for roadway infrastructure and facilities record drawings information can be submitted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Production and Design Support Section is an integral part of the Transportation Engineering Division and consists of a team of multi-disciplined professional drafting and design technicians who work closely with the Capital Projects and Traffic Studies Sections in data collection and plans preparation for roadway improvement and safety projects. The team prepares construction plans and other deliverables for project implementation using basemaps from a database that is formatted for graphical presentation. This section is also responsible for updating the basemaps and infrastructure information and for maintaining the Transportation base layer data in the city's Geographical Information System (GIS). Data downloads are available through the City of Tampa Open Data Share website.
Services and responsibilities of this section include:
- Maintaining the drafting standards for construction drawings
- Preparing signing and pavement marking plans in support of complete streets and resurfacing projects
- Preparing design plans for new sidewalk construction projects
- Maintaining roadway infrastructure and facilities record drawings in a single enterprise information system that increases productivity and reduces operating costs.
- Developing GIS maps for transportation features in coordination with the City's Technology & Innovation Department
- Conducting sign inventories and field data collection in support of traffic studies and capital projects
- Developing display boards, handouts, and presentation materials for public meetings
- Developing Traffic Control Plans (TCP's) in support of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) operations for construction and special events
- Providing drafting support services to other City departments
- Responding to public records requests from outside organizations and City residents