The Transportation Division manages a Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to create a safe, reliable, and efficient transportation system for all users.
Requests for information regarding our CIP can be submitted directly to our Transportation and Stormwater Services Call Center at (813) 274-3101. Requests can also be submited online via the following link - Roadway Planning Projects.
Our Capital Improvement Program includes:
- Complete Streets projects to provide safe and convenient access for all users, especially pedestrians and cyclists.
- Bayshore Blvd. Enhancements, Phase 3
- East-West Green Spine
- Cass St & Tyler St Two-Way Conversion (Cycle Track) ~ completed 2016
- Roadway Safety Improvement projects to increase safety and operational issues of problem intersections.
- 34th Street Safety Improvements
- Himes Avenue Safety Improvements
- Hyde Park Ave. and Plant Ave. ~completed 2017
- Intersection Improvement and Capacity projects to increase safety and operational issues of problem intersections and reduce congestion and traffic.
- Armenia Ave. and W. Busch Blvd.
- O'Brien Street Improvements
- Howard Ave.- Dekle Ave.- DeSoto Ave. Intersection Improvements
- Bridge and Seawall projects to maintain the City's bridges and seawall
- Capital Resurfacing projects to improve roadway and drainage conditions along the City's 2,451 paved lane miles of roadway. Outlook scheduling is conducted by the Transportation Engineering Division. Pothole patching and roadway maintenance is the responsibility of the Transportation and Stormwater Operations Division .
- Sidewalk and Trail projects to provide safe, accessible routes for pedestrians.
- Bougainvillea Bike Lane and Sidewalk ~completed (2016)
- Cypress Street U-Path ~completed (2016)
- Lois Avenue Sidewalk ~completed (2016)
- Traffic Signal and Traffic Management projects to create an efficient and interconnected roadway system.
- Transportation Planning develops projects and studies to determine future transportation needs and opportunities.
A comprehensive list of all Transportation Capital Projects and Studies can be found here.
A comprehensive list of Completed Projects and Studies can be found here.