Tampa is the home of numerous unique cultural, educational, and other entertaining annual events.
- Gasparilla Pirate FestEvery year, plunderers take over the city in honor of the mythical legendary pirate Jose Gaspar. The Gasparilla Pirate Fest is one of the country's largest and most unique outdoor celebrations.
- Outback BowlThe Outback Bowl is a New Year's Day college football game matching teams from the SEC and Big Ten Conference.
- Tampa Bay Black Heritage FestivalThe Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival is an 8-day cultural fest in which speakers, musicians, artists, poets, and craftspeople welcome many visitors each year.
- Fiesta Day (Ybor City)Fiesta Day honors the Cuban, German, Italian, African-Cuban, Jewish and Spanish immigrants who first settled in Ybor in 1886.
- Florida State FairThe annual Florida State Fair is a showcase for Florida's agricultural industry. The fair is educational, exciting and fun.
- Gasparilla Distance ClassicThe Gasparilla Distance Classic attracts world-class runners who compete on foot in 5K and 15K events.
- Sant' Yago Knight Parade
The streets of Ybor City come ablaze when floats with lights, bands and pirates fill the streets for the Sant' Yago Knight Parade.
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
Painters, artisans, photographers, sculptors, jewelers and artists from around the world display their work at the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts. It is one of the largest art shows in the Southeast.
- Mayor's River O'Green FestThe Mayor's River O'Green Fest is the City of Tampa's official annual Saint Patrick's Day event that takes place in beautiful Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. The party is centered around the Hillsborough River, which will be transformed into a bright shade of green for the occasion.
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
- Pan American Dragon Boat RaceRowing teams from Tampa and elsewhere race up the Garrison Channel in Fort Cotanchobee Park along the Tampa Riverwalk. Each boat carries about 20 paddlers who row in tandem to the beat of a loud drum until they cross the finish line 440 meters from the start.
- RiverFestHeld along the Tampa Riverwalk in Tampa Heights and Downtown Tampa, this free, annual event presented by Friends of the Riverwalk in conjunction with the City of Tampa, attracts people to the Riverwalk and highlights Tampa’s cultural institutions, local music and restaurants.
- Independence DayFamily-oriented celebrations of United States Independence Day are found all around the Tampa Bay area. An annual fireworks display is normally viewable all along Bayshore Blvd.
- Latin FestThe Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Committee's Annual Latin Fest is held downtown and is free to the public. The event is part of the month long Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
- Conga CalientePeople from all over the United States and Florida join Tampa Bay residents to celebrate Hispanic arts and culture at Conga Caliente, a free, quality festival that has become Tampa Bay's premiere Hispanic event.
- Santa FestCurtis Hixon Waterfront Park is transformed into a winter wonderland. There is a parade and many activities including ice skating.
- Tampa's Downtown on IceThis is the Tampa Bay area's only outdoor seasonal ice rink. It is located at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and runs from late November to the first week of January.