Commercial Addition Application
The following establishes procedures for in take of required documentation when requesting a permit for a Commercial structure. For further information refer to Checklist for Plan Submittal, Commercial New Construction and/or Addition Permit Requirements and Commercial-Residential Review Guide.
The Client Facilitator will:
- Review the application for completeness; along with two (2) sets of signed and sealed building plans, two (2) sets of site plans, and the Owner Permit Affidavit(if applicable.
- If a department (Neighborhood Improvement, ARC, Barrio Latino, etc.) has active comments on the project, the applicant will be referred to effected departments for approval. Applicant must have this information before submitting plans for review.
- All forms must be completely filled out with appropriate information at time of submittal.
- Plan exam fees are calculated and due at the time of submittal.
- Customer will be informed of all permit holds and Notice of Commencement requirements.
Who can apply:
- A Licensed General, Building Contractor, or authorized agents can submit and obtain this type of permit. Check to see if there are active comments on contractor.
- A qualifying owner of a commercial building whose total construction cost is less than $75,000.00 (including building, mechanical, plumbing, gas, and electrical work), and whose occupancy and use is for the owner and not offered for sale or lease.