Picnic Shelter Reservations
City parks are a favorite place for birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, family reunions, family get-togethers and office outings. Picnic shelters and gazebos are available to rent. All rental requests are on a first-come, first-served basis; are subject to approval by the our department; and require a Facility Use Permit.
Although it is not required that you reserve a picnic shelter, availability may be limited during peak season times. Therefore, recommended you make your reservation well in advance. We recommend you take a look at the park to find a shelter that will fit your group size, prior to contacting us. Reservations are taken until Thursday at 4 p.m. for the upcoming reservation week (Saturday-Friday). Check out our list of locations and shelters available for reserving, and to submit a request online. When you submit your request online, our office will call you to finalize your reservation and collect payment. Submission of a reservation request does not guarantee your shelter.
Below is a list of our most popular parks.
Should you need to contact our office you may call 813-274-8184 or visit us at 3402 W. Columbus Dr, Tampa, 33607. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For parks outside of the City of Tampa limits, Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation also has picnic shelter rentals available.
Rental Rules & Regulations
Please be aware that there are rules and regulations you must adhere to before renting a shelter or gazebo.
Full rental payment must be made to finalize your picnic shelter reservation. Cash, check or money order (made out to the City of Tampa), or Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express are accepted for payment. Payments may be made in person or by phone with credit or debit card only. Please be aware we do not accept bills larger than $20. A valid photo ID is required for all transactions.
Requests for Refund/Rescheduling Due to Rain-out
If inclement weather prevents the use of the shelter you may reschedule your event or request a refund with proper notification. To reschedule your event or request a refund due to a rain-out:
- The first business day after your rental, call and notify the Shelter Reservation Office at 813-274-8184, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Refunds will be reimbursed to the credit card. If payment was made by cash or check, a refund check will be mailed to the address of the person/organization paying the rental/damage deposit fee. Issuance of refund checks takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Refunds will only be given to the person/company whose name appears on the check or if paying cash, the person who signed the Facility Use Permit.
- Once a shelter is occupied, there are no refunds due to rain or bad weather.
- A $15 processing fee will be assessed for all refunds/cancellations.
If you need to modify an existing reservation (change the time, date, etc.), it must be done by Thursday at 4 p.m for the upcoming reservation week (Saturday-Friday) prior to the scheduled use. Modifications may be done by calling 813-274-8184 or visit us at 3402 W. Columbus Dr. All modifications are subject to availability and a $15 rescheduling fee.
Helpful Planning Information
- Illegal substances, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited.
- Nothing, including decorations, may be affixed to the shelter or tables.
- Vehicles may not drive on the turf/grass or in unauthorized areas.
- Fires must be confined to grills.
- Petting zoos, ponies, amusement rides, water games/slide, horseshoes and paintball games are prohibited.
- Dry moon bounces are allowed; however, the company must have a current certificate insurance on file, naming the City as an additional insured. Moon bounces are limited to one (1) per shelter rental and may not exceed the following dimensions: 20' length, 20' width, 17' height. You must have a shelter reservation and pay a green space fee of $25 +tax to have a moon bounce. Both need to be done by Thursday 4 p.m. for the upcoming reservation week (Saturday- Friday).
Moon bounces are not allowed at Ballast Point, Cypress Point, Riverfront and Water Works Parks.
- Dogs must be kept on leash at all times, except in designated dog parks. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
- Groups of 301 or more anticipated attendees will be considered a Special Event and will require a Special Event Permit. Submit a request for a Special Event availability.