Planning and Development News
- P&D Town Hall Meeting (Oct 2019) On Wednesday, October 23rd, the Department had a delayed opening so that the entire team could gather for an informational and training ‘All Hands” Town Hall meeting. Information sharing is a critical part of the Department’s success and delivering quality services.
- New Accela Citizen Access Help Center and Monthly Public Trainings (Sept. 2019) The P&D Department will now offer free public training sessions on recurring popular topics, including ‘Intro to Accela 101’ and ‘Tree Permitting. Check out the calendar to see many more sessions. Additional sessions will be added over time.
- New Accela System landing page (August 2019) Another Advisory Team recommendation resulted in an easy to navigate home page, including easy access for non-registered users.
- New ‘Customer Care’ landing page for Planning & Development (August 2019) In response to the Mayor’s Development Services Advisory Team recommendations, the new Customer Care page provides quick and easy access to the most popular user information.
- Mayor Castor launches Development Services Advisory Team (June 2019) As part of the Mayor’s transition, there are five advisory teams focused on core Mayoral priorities. The Development Services Advisory Team is focused on identifying opportunities to improve the way that the City delivers construction, permitting, inspections and planning services. A final report of recommendations will issue in the fall.
Other Planning and Development News:
Temporary Road Closure Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) to begin October 14, 2019 for Building ConstructionA portion of Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) between S Florida Avenue and S Morgan Street will close nightly beginning on Monday, October 14...
A portion of Pictorial Park Drive between Morris Bridge Road and Breaking Rocks Drive will close beginning on Monday, September 30, 2019, for road...