Planning and Development News
- Email to Contractors (3/27/2020) Inspection Guidelines - In the interest of protecting our clients, the Planning and Development Department will offer three options for conducting Trade and Building Trade Record (BTR) Inspections on owner/occupied and tenant/occupied properties.
- Email to Contractors (3/26/2020) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to COVID-19 - The City of Tampa Development Services team is operational and ready to serve. Please see the guidance of the adjusted operation.
- New Arborist Certification Program (Nov 2019) – In an effort to provide greater access to resources and streamline the permitting process, the City of Tampa introduced a new ‘Certified Arborist Program’.
- Appointment of City of Tampa Development and Economic Opportunity Administrator (Nov 2019). On Nov. 21, Mayor Castor announced the appointment of Carole Wallace Post as the City’s Administrator for Development and Economic Opportunity. Carole will begin this role in February 2020. The portfolio will oversee the Planning & Development Department, plus the City’s departments of Real Estate, Housing, Historic Preservation, and the Convention Center and Tourism.
- Release of Customer Service Advisory Report (Nov. 2019). On Nov 21, Mayor Castor announced the results of the Customer Service Advisory Team. This team was one of the Mayor’s ‘Transforming Tampa’s Tomorrow’ advisory teams formed to provide a road map for guiding the Mayor’s top priorities.
- P&D Town Hall Meeting (Oct 2019) On Wednesday, October 23rd, the Department had a delayed opening so that the entire team could gather for an informational and training ‘All Hands” Town Hall meeting. Information sharing is a critical part of the Department’s success and delivering quality services.
- New Accela Citizen Access Help Center and Monthly Public Trainings (Sept. 2019) The P&D Department will now offer free public training sessions on recurring popular topics, including ‘Intro to Accela 101’ and ‘Tree Permitting. Check out the calendar to see many more sessions. Additional sessions will be added over time.
- New Accela System landing page (August 2019) Another Advisory Team recommendation resulted in an easy to navigate home page, including easy access for non-registered users.
- New ‘Customer Care’ landing page for Planning & Development (August 2019) In response to the Mayor’s Development Services Advisory Team recommendations, the new Customer Care page provides quick and easy access to the most popular user information.
- Mayor Castor launches Development Services Advisory Team (June 2019) As part of the Mayor’s transition, there are five advisory teams focused on core Mayoral priorities. The Development Services Advisory Team is focused on identifying opportunities to improve the way that the City delivers construction, permitting, inspections and planning services. A final report of recommendations will issue in the fall.
Other Planning and Development News:
As part of the City of Tampa’s ongoing efforts to support small and minority-owned businesses, the Purchasing Department and Office of Equal Business...
Temporary Road Closure – West Watrous Ave. between S Dale Mabry Hwy. and S Church Ave. From August 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM through October 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM for a Capital Improvement Project.West Watrous Ave. between S Dale Mabry Hwy. and S Church Ave. will be closed from August 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM through October 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM as...