Severe Weather Awareness Week (Jan 23 -27th) More Info...

Wastewater FAQ

How do I apply for wastewater service?
There are several service types such as single family residence, commercial or multi-family residence. Application forms can be downloaded from the Application for Sanitary Sewer Service Fees page.

How do I know if I am in the city's service area?
Click on the link to determine if you are in our service area - Service Area Map

How does the sewer maximum work?
A sewer maximum works by reducing the amount of wastewater disposal charges to be paid. The sewer maximum is determined either by the number of individuals residing in a single-family residence or duplex, or by a customers' usage history. Click here for detailed information on the sewer max program.  Please contact the Customer Service Utility Division at (813) 274-8811 to determine your eligibility for a sewer maximum. Sewer maximums are automatically recalculated every 12 months. Note:  Not applicable with reclaimed or irrigation meters or properties that use well water for irrigation.

What are capacity fees?
Capacity fees are assessed on a one time basis when a customer desires to connect to the sanitary sewer system.  These fees pay for capital improvements associated with the Wastewater Treatment Plant and primary intercepting systems.

How much is the monthly disposal rate?
Effective October 1, 2011, the disposal rates are as follows:

  • Inside the City limits: $4.71 / CCF
  • Outside the City limits: $5.88 / CCF

How do I apply for an adjustment?
Please follow the instructions outlined in our Adjustment Policy document.

How do I get reclaimed water if I have a water truck?
Please follow these instructions: "Process for getting reclaimed water in bulk"

How do I dispose of hazardous materials?
Depending on the materials, there are several recommended ways of disposal. Substances marked "drain" can be poured down the drain, but with plenty of water. The exception to this rule is if you own a septic tank. The label on a substance should contain information about any possible damage it can cause to a septic tank. Substances marked "trash" are materials that cannot be poured down a drain, but are safe to discard with your trash. Substances marked "hazardous" should be saved and given to a hazardous wastes contractor for disposal or discarded at a community-wide hazardous waste collection day sponsored by the Solid Waste Department.