The Planning Section performs a variety of duties related to asset management, capital improvement planning, and growth management. These duties include the following:
Asset Management and Capital Improvement Planning:
- Manage and develop long and short term capital improvement plans
- Prepare annual capital improvement project (CIP) budget.
- Perform and manage system evaluations and studies for determining capital improvement needs for continued operation of the treatment plant, collection system, and pumping stations.
- Coordinate the planning of future capital improvement projects with other agencies and City Departments.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate pumping station and collection system performance. This information is also used to maintain information on available capacities and required upgrades.
Planning and Growth Management
- Process Application for Wastewater Service and complete related permit activities.
- Determine conditions and improvements needed to provide wastewater service.
- Construction plan review and approval.
- Project inspection during construction.
- Coordination of projects and permit needs with Construction Services Department.
Develop, manage, and update sanitary sewer master plans.
Review and respond to rezoning, release of easements, R/W vacating.
Provide coordination with the City's Planning Department, Hillsborough County Planning Commission, and other agencies on planning related issues.