Police Explorer Frequently Asked Questions
This is a year round program, for eligible students, between the ages of 14-20 and is run in compliance with the Boy Scouts of America and the Learning for Life Exploring Program.
The application process to our Tampa Police Explorer Program begins when you arrive for your first visit and then after completion of the fourth visit, you would ask for an application to the post.
After completing the post application you will have an oral interview with our Post 275 Staff to determine your eligibility and recommendation to the Lead Advisor.
Meetings take place Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM. We meet at the Tampa Fire & Police Training Academy, 116 34 Street South, Tampa, Florida 33605
For questions regarding Tampa Police Explorer Post 275 call Officer J. M. Duran at (813) 242-5402 or send us a message
Additional Requirements also include:
- Good Moral Character
- Enrolled in an Academic School Setting or Institution (Grades 8-12 or a CollegeUniversity)
- Maintain above a 2.0 GPA or C Average in their Academic Studies
- Good Standing in the Community
- No Discipline History with School or Family
- No Misdemeanor or Felony Arrests
- Willingness to Serve in the Community and with the Tampa Police Department
- Available to give a minimum of 10 hours a month with Volunteer Hours at Post Functions