Bridges and Seawalls
The City owns or operates 45 Vehicular Bridges and 3 Pedestrian Bridges. The City maintains five (5) movable bridges over the Hillsborough River:
- Brorein Street Bridge (#105501)
- Cass Street Bridge (#105502)
- Columbus Drive Bridge (#105504) (Owned by Hillsborough County)
- Laurel Street Bridge (#105503)
- Platt Street Bridge (#105500) (Owned by Hillsborough County)
For information regarding the operation of the City's movable bridges, please visit our Movable Bridges Operations page.
Additionally, the City maintains a number of major fixed bridges, including:
- Eugene Holtsinger Bridge (North Boulevard Bridge) (#105600)
- Davis Islands Bridges (#105605, 105625, 105626) and Plant Avenue Bridge (#105606)
- Rowlette Park Drive Bridge (#100086)
- 40th Street Bridge (#104504)
- New Tampa Boulevard Bridge (#105603)
There are several Capital Improvement Projects ongoing or scheduled for the City's bridges.
- Laurel Street Bridge Rehabilitation
- Cass Street Bridge Electrical/Mechanical Rehabilitation
- Brorein Street Bridge Rehabilitation
The City's Department of Transportation and Stormwater Services owns and maintains the seawalls that surround the City's waterfront.