The Housing Counseling team is here to assist City of Tampa residents with their housing financial needs. We are a HUD approved Housing Counseling agency that offers a host of services to help residents to obtain and or maintain their homeownership goals.
- Mortgage Assistance Program – The City of Tampa offers down payment assistance loans to income eligible home buyers of property within the City limits of Tampa. The program provides up to $14,999 to assist income eligible first time homebuyers to achieve the dream of homeownership.
- Homeownership and Financial Education Services - The City of Tampa’s Housing & Community Development (HCD) staff provides Homeownership/Financial Education services in the form of Pre-purchase counseling, Homebuyer Education and Post-Purchase counseling and education.
- Florida Hardest hit Program - The City of Tampa’s Housing & Community Development (HCD) staff administers the State’s Hardest Hit program which offers homeowners to options for addressing their current mortgage issues:
- Principal Reduction (PR) which offers up to $50,000 to an eligible homeowner to reduce their principal mortgage balance if you owe at least 115% of the value of the home.
- Unemployment Mortgage Assistance Program (UMAP) will provide up to 12 months of payments (with a cap of $24,000) to the mortgage lender to assist unemployed or underemployed borrowers with their first mortgage.
- Mortgage Loan Reinstatement Payment (MLRP) Program will be used as a one-time payment to help satisfy all or some of any past due amounts owed on the first mortgage, only.
For more information on these programs see the links on the left. You may also contact Latasha Hicks at (813)274-7989 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or Belix Parks at (813) 274-7977 or by email at email@example.com .